Why make your own yarn? Spinning on a drop spindle is fun, creative and relaxing. Spend two Saturday afternoons learning to spin your own bespoke yarn – experiment with different types of fibres, choose how fine or chunky, smooth or nubbly you want your thread to be.
Come to a Meditating the Spindle workshop and learn to spin organic, natural wool and beautiful lustrous silk. By spinning your own thread you know exactly what’s in it – no shedding microplastics into the environment!
Don’t worry if you’re new to spinning or fibre crafts. Meditating the Spindle workshops are relaxed, calm and encouraging, grounded in gentle meditation to keep you feeling calm, competent and in control. Workshop groups are limited to 6 people so you’re guaranteed personal attention and support. We also have a lot of fun, tea, coffee and a few treats! To book your place in the next Meditating the Spindle workshop click here.
Meditating the Spindle is for
- people with experience in fibre crafts – weavers, knitters, crocheters and textile artists.
- people with no experience in fibre crafts but who are interested in learning a new skill.
- crafters who are concerned about the environment and shedding microplastics from their craft materials. At Counterweave we only use 100% natural fibres.
- people who are keen to learn an ancient craft.
- people who are looking for a different way to relax and benefit from meditation and working with their hands.